Destroying Angel (May 19, 2014)

This mushroom is called the ‘Destroying Angel’ and is one of the most deadly poisonous mushrooms around. It is a beautiful white mushroom and is pretty to look at but do not eat it – it can be fatal.




Fly Agaric (May 9, 2014)

I have another mushroom colored pencil drawing of a ‘fly agaric’ mushroom. This mushroom is psychoactive – which means that it will produce hallucinations if eaten. I have never eaten any of these mushrooms but I have seen them growing wild. Apparently if you parboil the mushroom you will remove the psychoactive ingredients and then you can safely eat it. I still don’t think I would try it – there are too many nice safe tasty mushrooms out there.